Report as Spam
Plugin enables evolution to report emails as spam to colaborative spam networks also known as checksum-based networks, like Razor, DCC, SpamCop. This plugin is best suited when you have spamassassin running on your mail server and no filtering on client side.
This plugin supports:
Razor implementation that uses Cloudmark network Pyzor a free implementation of razor network Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse (DCC) SpamCop network
* razor-agents 1 - razor-report and razor-register are required. * pyzor - free implementation of razor engine - pyzor binary required. * DCC 2 - only dccproc is required. * SpamCop does not require any aditional software just [to SpamCop] network.
* RAZOR suport * DCC support * SpamCop support * spam statistics * razor registration support * revoke support (only razor supports revoke) * 'multi-mail' reports (reporting for selected multiple mails) * Evolution Network hooks (prevents reporting when there is no connection available)
- Old versions:
- Browse evolution-rspam GIT
How to install
Download the rspam-0.0.6 file (382Kb) and unpack it.
Make sure you have:
yum install perl-Razor-Agents yum install pyzor
apt-get install razor apt-get install pyzor
./configure make make install
Open evolution mail. Go to: Edit -> Plugins and check Report SPAM plugin to enable.
Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Preferences -> Report Spam to configure rspam
On Filtering Network select
- Vipul's Razor for reporting using razor (razor-agents is needed)
- Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse for DCC (dccproc of DCC package is needed)
- SpamCop for SpamCop, by default a generic email address is used in report, but for reports to have more weight, SpamCop registration is needed.
- 2010-07-09: Released version 0.1.0
- correctly handle multiple messages
- do not unlink tempfile until report is completed
- allow build with older evolution versions
- correctly listen for online signal
- fix a crasher in spamcop reports and simplify spamcop report
- fix razor discovery
- adapt to Camel API changes and kill bonobo portings
- update evolution macro to fix version detection
- 2009-09-05: Released version 0.0.10
- check for installed reporting software (razor, pyzor, dcc)
- cleanup evolution headers prior to spamcop report
Collaborative spam networks